By entering this website, you agree that you're of legal age in your state to purchase electronic cigarette products.
Perhaps you are new to the world of e cigs, or may be considering making the transition from traditional analog cigarettes to an electronic alternative instead. Surely you've heard a variety of opinions and stories of what you it's like to switch and how it differs from smoking.
At South Beach we are thrilled that so many people have chosen our modern e cigs over traditional cigarettes. Although the transition period may be difficult at times, we believe most things worth doing in life take some adjusting.
Read below to understand ways your body may react to this change and how to prepare.
- There may be a period of nicotine withdrawal. If you are a heavy smoker, you will probably need to start off with a larger amount of nicotine in your e-cig. You can lower the nicotine strength later on if you want, but drastically decreasing the nicotine amount right away is not recommended.
- The beginning is always the hardest. Over time, your body will learn to adjust to the reduced amounts of nicotine. Remember, the nicotine in an e cig is a liquid. You are no longer smoking carcinogens as your body was used to doing.
- The feel of the e cig is different than a traditional cigarette. Many people get used to how something feels, making the change is tough. You too may have to adjust to the feeling of holding an e cig instead of a traditional cigarette. But don't worry, you will!
- Puffing is different as well. In a traditional cigarette, you can take quick drags. In an e cig, to get the most desired experience you should take long, slower drags. There are lots of articles explaining this difference in more detail.
- You will need to take breaks more often with an e cig. After 6 or 7 drags, set your e cig down for a while and let it cool off. If you do not, you may end up with a sore throat or taste bud burnout.
- Expect to be able to taste and smell better. It may take some time for your taste buds to go through a cycle of change while switching to vapor, but eventually you should notice that you can taste and smell way better than before.
- Remember that with e cigs you get a huge variety of flavors to try! You will enjoy figuring out your favorite flavor instead of only having the traditional cigarette flavor option.
- No Smoke and no odor. You will also notice that you do not create clouds of smoke like you did before, but rather wisps of light vapor that is produced by water. It will not only look different, but smell different too. More specifically, it won't smell like anything. Finally your clothes, house, furniture and pets won't smell like a walking cigarette!
- You will have much more options of where to use your e cig than you did smoking. While you should always check with the establishment you are visiting first to make certain that vaping is acceptable, you'll find that there are so many more places you can light up with an e cig.
At SouthBeach, we are here to support and guide you through this transition phase. We are aware of the difficulties you may experience in the beginning, but we believe in our product and know that you will eventually be happy that you made the switch.