By entering this website, you agree that you're of legal age in your state to purchase electronic cigarette products.
Many people around the world travel on a frequent basis. Whether you are traveling for work or pleasure, by way of a boat, car or plane, there are several steps you can take to make sure that you are able to continue to vaping while away from home – no matter what the journey may throw at you.
For many of us, our electronic cigarette is a true companion and leaving home without it just wouldn't make sense! So first and foremost, here are the essential items to remember to pack:
- Charger – Depending on how you will be traveling, bring the appropriate charger. If by car, you absolutely shouldn't forget to pack the handy car charger. Otherwise, a regular or USB charger should be sufficient for reaching your final destination.
- Extra batteries – It's a good rule of thumb to have at least two batteries on hand. That way, if one battery is charging, you will have another you can use.
- Cartridges – Bring extra cartridges that contain your favorite e-liquid so that you have backups when you run out and can continue enjoying your vaping experience while you are away.
- And of course, don't forget the electronic cigarette itself! You'd hate to leave home and realize too late that you left your vaping companion sitting on the nightstand next to your bed.
Safe Packing Techniques
How you pack your electronic cigarette is important too. First off, don't pack the device with all of your clothes, as e-liquid could leak out and stain the fabric. Also, make sure you have a carrying case to protect your electronic cigarette from getting broken during transportation.
Taking a few extra minutes to pack your electronic cigarette properly for a trip can save you a huge headache down the road. Keep reading below for some additional packing tips based on which mode of transportation you will be using.
Traveling by car:
- If you have other passengers with you, make certain they are fine with you vaping in the car. If they are educated about electronic cigarettes, they should know that they don't have to be afraid of being exposed to secondhand smoke.
- Remember to pack your car charger and don't leave your electronic cigarette in a hot car.
Traveling by plane:
- You will probably not be able to vape while onboard the plane. Most airlines still view it as similar to traditional smoking.
- It's recommended that you stow your electronic cigarette supplies in your carry-on bag.
- Pack the device in a safe and protective case.
- Separate the battery and the cartomizer.
- Be prepared to answer any questions by airport security.
Traveling by boat:
- Each cruise line has its own rules about vaping, but generally rules for electronic cigarettes are the same as traditional cigarettes.
- Most ships have designated smoking areas outside on the deck. Sometimes you can smoke in the casino or bar areas but this depends on the cruise line. Always check with a crew member before lighting up or vaping.
Vacationing with Vaporizers, Vape Pens and E-Liquid
If you've graduated from the standard cig-a-like electronic cigarettes to a more advanced vaporizer cigarette instead, then you'll need to take some additional steps to make sure your device and e-liquid reaches the final destination intact.
Here are some tips for traveling with advanced vaping equipment:
- Bring extra batteries. Sure, the lifespan of a high capacity battery in a vape pen is longer than that of a more basic model, but it won't last forever! Make sure you have a spare so you don't end up power-less on your trip.
- Pack multiple kinds of chargers so that you have versatility when it comes to your charging options.
- Stock up on the e-liquid that you like. What's the point of carrying all this vaping gear if you don't have enough liquid? However, if you are flying, be sure your e-liquid bottles do not exceed 100ml in carry-on bags and place all liquid in a clear plastic bag.
- The right vaporizer accessories can make toting around your supplies around a breeze. Carrying cases, charging cases and lanyards can also protect your device from getting damaged or lost while traveling.
Follow the Rules
Wherever and however you travel, we advise all vapers review the policies on smoking and vaping. Rules and regulations can change frequently, so don't make the mistake of assuming you can light up just because you did in past travels.
Whatever you do, try to respect the rules placed on electronic cigarette smoking, no matter how crazy they may seem. You don't want to become known as the obnoxious vaper with a complete disregard to obeying rules.
Lastly, pack carefully and enjoy your trip!
Before you leave, visit the SouthBeach store to get fully stocked up on all of your electronic cigarette needs, traveling accessories and more.