Vaping Abroad – Rules and Restrictions
Being a relatively new phenomenon, the rules and regulations on vaping can change rapidly and without warning. If you are traveling and planning on bringing your e-cigs and accessories with you, it’s crucial to understand the rules, laws, and regulations in the countries you’re traveling to. We’ve already covered TSA’s rules for flying and prohibited items in the air but in this article we’re covering what you need to know about the countries you land in.
Countries Where Vaping is Legal
In this segment, we’re going to break down the list of countries where vaping is currently legal. However, it is critical to note that vaping is often restricted to specific areas and zones within countries. For example, vaping can be banned in public spaces, allowed in bars, banned near schools, etc. Therefore, you should research the specifics of the vaping regulations in the country you’re traveling to. Furthermore, laws are subject to change so you should check them right before you travel just in case.
Vaping is Currently Permitted in:
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dubai (UAE)
- El Salvador
- Mexico (Importing vape products is illegal so travel lightly with vape products and e-liquids)
- New Zealand
- South Korea
Countries Where Vaping is Illegal
In this segment, we’ll be breaking down the countries where vaping is illegal. Fines, penalties, and even imprisonment are potential consequences for vaping in these countries, so it is not worth it to risk it! Again, since laws are subject to change, as the date of your trip approaches, check the most recent legislation to understand the status of vaping in the country you’re visiting.
Vaping is currently banned in:
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Countries Where Vaping is Legal But Restricted
The status of vaping can get even more confusing within certain countries that have more complicated restrictions. For example, the legality of e-cigs is pending in many nations. Also, newer vaping technology is constantly under legal scrutiny and evaluation. If you’re visiting any of the following countries and planning on vaping, take extra care in reviewing the most recent policies.
The following countries have more of a grey-area legal perspective on e-cigs
- Australia: Vaping is allowed here but there are harsh regulations on nicotine and the importation of nicotine-related products and vapes.
- Colombia: Colombia’s laws regarding vaping are unclear but it seems permissible.
- Hong Kong – Nicotine vape juice is illegal.
- Malaysia – Vaping nicotine e-liquid is illegal.
- Nicaragua – Large-scale bans on vape juice with nicotine are in place.
- Panama – You can use vape products but cannot important or sell them
- South Africa – Nicotine vaping is illegal.
- Turkey – You cannot purchase e-cigarettes in Turkey, but you can bring your own for personal use.
Planning your Trip
If you are able to vape where you travel, South Beach Smoke can make sure you’re stocked up with supplies. Load up on all your favorite flavors of cartridges here. Get everything you need in a portable package with our one-stop-kit here. Grab extra batteries, chargers, cases, and other useful accessories here. Most importantly, remember to have a fun and safe trip!