Advantages of Integrated & Removable Vape Batteries
Before you buy your next vape device, there are a few important factors you’ll want to think about. Choosing between an integrated or removable battery is one of the many decisions you’ll make when it comes to putting together your vape set-up, and like most vape options, the choice completely depends on your personal preference, vape habits, and lifestyle.
There’s no one “right” battery because each type is a solid option with its own distinct characteristics. Learning about each type can help you pick the one that best fits your vape style. We’re breaking down the basics of integrated vs. removable vape batteries to help you find your best power source.
Integrated Vape Batteries
Integrated vape batteries are a popular option for beginning and advanced vapers alike, for a few different reasons.
What is an integrated vape battery?
An integrated vape battery also called an internal battery, is one that is built into the vape device itself.
What are the benefits of an integrated vape battery?
When you choose a device with an integrated vape battery, you have more than just a few benefits to look forward to, including:
- An integrated battery is extremely safe. Removable batteries are typically lithium-ion batteries, which come with their own set of risks and responsibilities. However, an integrated battery requires zero handling and is specifically engineered to be very safe.
- An integrated battery is compact and usually lightweight. Usually, integrated batteries are smaller than their removable counterparts. This makes integrated batteries a great option for vapers who want excellent portability.
- Vapes with integrated batteries are usually less expensive up front. Most vape devices that are built with integrated batteries are more affordable than larger mods with removable components.
Removable Vape Batteries
Many experienced vapers choose removable batteries because the devices that use them often offer a greater degree of customization potential and power.
What is a removable vape battery?
A removable battery, as the name suggests, is one that can be taken out of the vape device. There are different types of removable batteries (e.g. 18650), and some devices use multiple batteries as a power source.
What are the benefits of removable batteries?
Here are a few of the pros of a removable battery:
- Removable batteries can require zero downtime between charges. When your integrated battery vape pen goes dead, you’ll need to plug the entire device in and wait for it to charge (in most cases). However, with removable batteries, you can just swap out a fully-charged set and put the dead ones in the charger.
- Removable batteries are usually more powerful. There are some exceptions, but in most cases, removable batteries produce more power. Therefore, these types of devices will usually produce more pull and a thicker vapor cloud.
- Removable batteries are less expensive in the long run. While it’s true that integrated batteries usually cost less up front, removable batteries usually end up being more affordable long-term. They usually last longer than integrated batteries, and when it’s time to replace them, you don’t have to get a whole new vape device.
Shop South Beach Vape for High-Quality Vape Batteries
There’s one thing everyone can agree on when it comes to vape batteries: going cheap is never worth it. Finding high-quality batteries from a reputable manufacturer is key to your vape enjoyment and safety, but that doesn’t mean you have to blow your budget either.
Check out South Beach Smoke for a wide variety of fairly-priced batteries to fit your needs, including top-quality removable batteries and integrated battery-style vapes.