If you’re reading this, hopefully you’ve just purchased and received your first South Beach Smoke e-cigarette– congratulations, and welcome to the South Beach Smoke family! In order to keep your device running smoothly, properly, and safely, it’s crucial that you look after your e-cigarette with care and maintenance in mind. While our devices are fairly simple to operate, they’ll still require a little upkeep to deliver the best experience possible. Even when you’re not using it, storing and charging your device the right way will give your device a longer lifespan, and will make your vaping experience the best it can be. In this blog, we’ll go over proper usage and care tips to help you maintain your device efficiently and cleanly. Let’s get into it.
First and foremost, let’s talk usage. Although we encourage you to vape at your leisure and comfort level, it’s important to take breaks for your own health and safety. If you’ve been taking a pull a few times every hour throughout the day, consider taking an hour or two off to reset your tolerance. We also recommend not using the device while physically exerting yourself, so as to not interfere with your oxygen intake.
Here are the steps we recommend for using your next cartridge:
- Unscrew your battery from the charger. Remember, your starter kit will come with two fully charged batteries, so this doesn’t apply to your first time!
- Remove the rubber caps from each end of the new cartridge.
- Screw the battery into the new cartridge– be careful not to leave it loose or over-tightened.
It’s that easy. In order to keep you and your device both safe and well-maintained, we recommend taking breaks throughout the day so that the e-cigarette doesn’t wear out, and to allow yourself time to enjoy the next drag.
Storing Your E-Cigarette
Storing your new South Beach Smoke e-cigarette is fairly simple, but we’ll offer a few guidelines for you to keep it safe and functioning.
How Do You Store an E-Cigarette When Not in Use?
In order to avoid dust, dirt, and pesky pocket lint, we recommend using your South Beach Smoke carrying case for storing your device. This small, discreet pouch will keep your device and cartridges safe and away from lingering particles that could stick to the mouthpiece or interfere with the charging port.
Do I Need to Keep Vape Upright?
Nope! Thankfully, if you feel the need to set your device down for awhile– whether you’re charging it or just taking a break– this e-cigarette does not need to be set upright to function properly.
Looking After Your E-Cig & Vape Batteries
To give your device the longest lifespan possible, we recommend cleaning the battery from time to time– and fortunately, this isn’t difficult. Follow these simple steps to avoid any wear and tear your e-cigarette may face while you take it with you day-to-day:
How to clean your e-cigarette:
- First, gather a cotton swab, a soft & damp cloth, a safety pin or needle, and an old toothbrush.
- Remove the cartridge from the battery, and make sure that the battery is not screwed into the charger.
- Use the damp cloth to wipe away excess e-liquid from where the battery and cartridge connect– you can also wipe the cartridge down as well, focusing on the mouthpiece and where the two pieces connect.
- Use the safety pin or needle to dislodge and remove any dried residue from the connection or mouthpiece.
- Reassemble the device and enjoy!
How to care for your e-cigarette battery:
- The major thing we suggest avoiding is overcharging your battery. This simply means that, once your device is done charging, go ahead and remove it from the charging cable– even if you aren’t using it right away, store it for later.
- Taking the battery off the charger instead of letting it stay on until you’re ready to use it will help extend the life of the battery.
- Make sure to avoid getting the battery wet to avoid short-outs or further damage to the battery.
If you follow these sets of instructions, your South Beach Smoke e-cigarette should be well on its way to a long and happy life!
We hope you’re enjoying your new device and are using it wherever and however you want. Remember that the more you care for your e-cigarette, the longer it will last! A wipedown here and there, being careful not to overcharge the battery, and proper installation of your next cartridge will guarantee that your South Beach Smoke device will serve its purpose for a long time. Remember to check out our accessories for any specific needs or replacements you may need down the road. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to our customer support team– we look forward to hearing from you!